It’s so easy to get caught up in the craze of spring and summer trends, but what about your work wear? I will be the first to admit I love trends and tend to forget about my work week wardrobe. I find myself searching through my closet in a frantic looking for something to wear! Anyone else do this? So let’s convert some of our favorites trends into appropriate work wear!
Here are some tips on how to create your summer 9 to 5 work wardrobe!
1. Light layers are key. Odds are your office is freezing, but then you start sweating as soon as you step outside. ha! For example in today’s look I have on a shirtdress with a light button up shirt underneath it. It made the dress more work appropriate also adding that light layer so I don’t freeze all day. Need a quick wardrobe change before happy hour with your gals?.. Just take off the button up shirt and you have a completely different look. Another light layers to consider adding to your summer work week wardrobe would be a thin blazer or jacket.
2. Midi skirts. Midi skirts are an easy way to add in that ruffle trend we are all so in love with! Also and easy way to add in color!
3. Trousers or Cropped Pants. I know you all have heard me talk about trousers being apart of your capsule wardrobe (here). Well this is where they will come in handy! ha! You can find them in all different colors and patterns.
4. Classic Button up shirt. Again is this a staple that you should have, it’s always a good idea to just throw it on and go!
5. Statement Sleeves. These will add details and an effortless pop of wow to some classic slim pants. You will find that #4 and #5 can go hand in hand!
6. Block heels. Where has this trend been all my life?! hah! The block heel a chic and comfortable way to conquer your day!